Sunday, May 30, 2010

#082 VA / DJ Ruckus - Wondaful Wednesdays Baltimore Club Mix 2

Reminded of how much I like Spank Rock, I went looking for more of the same. Not all that many bands out there, and a lot of them are more single-driven than album driven right now, but I did find this mix of stuff in the Baltimore style, downloadable here.

What I really love is that fat ass bass sound. It's present in generous quantities here, even though none of it quite lives up to Spank Rock's insanely overloaded standards. The DJing is well done, good flow, decent selections, though again, there's no Spank Rock-level rapping on display anywhere. I actually might use this as work music again, and it provided a couple bands (especially from the mix's excellent midsection) to check out. Solid, if largely unspectacular mix 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment