Tuesday, May 11, 2010

#063 The Fall - Your Future Our Clutter

New The Fall! Yay?

I'm mostly surprised these guys are still making stuff, by which I mean I'm surprised Mark E. Smith is still making stuff. Sounds more or less like what you'd expect, grumpy shouting, repetitive groovy bass lines, though the noisy electronics (especially on the murky closer) are definitely a welcome addition. Unfortunately its more Iggy Pop than the Stooges, too much smoldering, not enough exploding - the starburst twins of YFOC and OFYC excepted. Some good tricks here and there. I never really thought to compare Damon Albarn to Smith, but this totally sounds like Blur's self-titled at times.

Admirable, not quite interesting enough, but I'll probably give it a couple more spins 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment