Tuesday, May 25, 2010

#077 Various Artists - Adult Swim's Warm and Scratchy

Heard something about a new comp the AS folks were putting together and I stumbled across this (freely downloadable!) mix, with a bunch of songs I don't know by bands I like. So, go!

It seems slightly dodgy putting a mix on here as an entry, but I've made the argument: its a publicly available body of music, here's my take on listening to it. I promise not to abuse it.

Really nice texture across the board; its a well named mix. Good songs, consistent vibe, and the pacing's solid, though some of the transitions are a little clunky. I'll definitely keep a few of these around, and I want to seek out the few bands on here I didn't already know. I might even listen to it as a mix again now and then. But it didn't blow my socks off either, and I'm not all that into mixes (except as vehicles for album finding, of course) so 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment