Tuesday, July 13, 2010

#121 Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Another random album I got from David at IBM. I heard some of the newer NiN stuff when I was at Dave Stout's place a while back, figured I'd check it out.

This is a texture album, and that, I like. Its all buzz and crackle and twists and turns in the spaces between notes, between tunes and tones. Its actually pretty cool. The downside is, I don't really have any patience for the doom and gloom sentiments, and if I'm being honest, I ended up largely tuning out the words. Also, I'm into hooks and melodies, and this doesn't find as many of those things to marry the noise to as, say, the new Holy Fuck ablum.

This might well be my favorite NiN album though, certainly the first I'll turn to the next time I want to hear this sort of stuff, and it made good work music, actually 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment