Thursday, July 8, 2010

#115 Wavves - Post-Acid

I liked their last one pretty good, curious if a year or two of premature fame and subsequent breakdown had any effect on the music.

Nothing negative, anyway. The result is noisy and fun, its a chunk of crunchy, slightly off-kilter pop, lying somewhere in the realm between the thermals, guided by voices, beulah and ween. At times its a little (or a lot) too whinny, but I can't wholly resist the super noisy, brokedown production and some good hooks.

That said, when do I listen to this? Its not driving music, its not working music, its not really armchair attention-getting, its not party music. Oh right, if anything I've read about these guys is true I guess its music for getting stoned to. Well, that's not going to be a real common listen then, but I'll keep it in clip 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment