Friday, July 9, 2010

#117 Health - Get Color

The Holy Fuck album reminded me at times of Health, who I saw open for Dan Deacon back in the day. Sounds like their second album is more my speed of their two.

So its loud and busy, but to what end? There's not really any hooks, its not going to wow me with pure noise, something the Boredoms and Lightning Bolt do better, and its not going to wow me with noisy artiness, something Liars do better. Its not that technically all that impressive, and when the vocals come in they sound like Kevin Shields' leftover tracks.

So this is all really harsh. What did I like? Its adventurous, in its way, and there's some nice texture here. But it doesn't move me, somehow the energy that I liked in the live show just isn't here 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment