Monday, April 26, 2010

#048 The Mint Chicks - Octagon, Octagon, Octagon EP

Lets keep it rolling! Breaking up the backwards roll by jumping to the first of their first two EPs I haven't heard.

This doesn't surprise me - they started off as fairly awesome ferocious, angular post-punks, sounding like more like blood brothers or single frame or pretty girls make graves (namedrop combo bonus!) than the thermals. Its rad and weird and noisy and aggressive, but in yet a 4th way, still different than FtGY, CYDN and Screens. This also features the 2nd song that reminds me of the Worlds Largest Band, I almost wonder if they're doing some kind of Menomena-esque generate-and-recreate trick.. In any case I am super anxious to actually hear these albums again in proper forwards order and track this curious path 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment