Tuesday, April 13, 2010

#034 Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician

Electric Ladyland made me remember Electric Larryland, which lead me to check out what is supposed to be their best, or at least most undiluted, album.

Well. Hm. I can't say I'm sorry I heard it. I'm glad this project made me stick with it, because there's some sort of brilliantly weird moments on here. Its certainly uncompromising, and I have to admire that.

But its also awful. Mostly unlistenable, sometimes just profoundly lazy. If you want spazzy, uncompromising freak-punk, can you expect anything else? But what it comes down to is, do you buy into it? Do you believe that they believe in what they're doing? Or maybe it just comes down to the fact I don't like it, except in a few moments that don't seem worth getting to 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment