Tuesday, April 20, 2010

#037 Tangerine Dream - Phaedra

The Brian Eno mention on the MGMT album got me thinking about hearing some more Eno, which got me thinking about hearing some more electronic music. Some list lead me to this.

Pretty, dense, ambient music. I'm simply not enough of a connoisseur to say a lot more. I really like the textured details, little breakdowns and cracks in Mysterious Semblance, reminding me in the smallest ways of The Disintegration Loops, without all the suffocating horror. Reminds me a bit of Brian Eno, actually but I'm sure someone with a better breadth of knowledge on the genre would say they're not all that close. Decent, interesting, I'll probably have it on again the next time I need something ambient, which is occasionally, but not often 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment