Tuesday, April 20, 2010

#038 Kraftwerk - Autobahn

Electronic music theme continues. Kraftwerk is possibly the most important band I've never really heard, so lets get on that.

Once again, I lack a frame of reference. The title track is cool, with some nice space to it, and a chugging motion that's more subtle than I was expecting. It uses its epic length well, never growing boring. Pretty enough, good synth sound. But I think its hard, without really understanding the lineage of electronic music, to really recognize the role of this album, and the other 4 (shorter) tracks don't really sound overly different from a lot of things I've heard before. This is probably relegated to the "ok, fine, now I've heard that" pile, but hopefully it will provide some reference for the hundreds of albums Kraftwerk has theoretically inspired 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment