Tuesday, April 6, 2010

#023 Those Dancing Days - In our Space Hero Suits

Found a track on an mp3 blog, finally followed up.

What an enjoyable, catchy album. Fun, bouncy pop punk, with just enough unexpected weird synthy turns to keep you interested. I was interested front to back, and I'm a pretty distractable guy. Punk is a funny word, in this midst of listening to this I heard a real punk influence, but then read up on them a bit and heard them described as this super twee band. Are those ideas compatible? The person who wrote that knew they were a sweedish all-girl band with internew buzz origins, whereas i just head what I heard, so I'm going to say I'm not necessarily wrong. Separately, I'm fascinated by the lineage of punk forms and sounds and how the fun bits have been wholly stripped from the actual sentiment and mentality of the scene that spawned them.

Anyway, this is not the kind of blog this is supposed to be. Very promising 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment