Thursday, April 8, 2010

#026 Galaxie 500 - On Fire

A recent reissue and review got my attention, then it came on after I finished the Dum Dum Girls album and I stuck with it.

The first song, perhaps benefiting from this transition, is really vibrant, like the best heartfelt 90's rock (though this came out in '89). The second song made me thing the high-singing thing, against dense, colorful drones, was going to get old. But I actually found it to find an enjoyable space between high energy and background music. I get something of a radiohead vibe here and there, and certainly a velvet undergroundey post-punk thing, but with a 90's flair? It strikes me as something of a missing stylistic link album.

More than anything, I'm really compelled to listen to this again, it made a real impression on my subconscious that I need to work to the surface via some kind of leverage 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment