Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#258 Chavez - Gone Glimmering

Still trying to find 90's albums I missed. I'd only heard of these guys in passing because their drummer later was in the smashing pumpkins for a while.

This is really the essence of 90's prot0-indie/slightly undergrunge rock. I'm done with my dissertation and enjoying the freedom of inventing words for no reason. That means its all a bit flat to me, the vocals shouty, the guitars largely mushy and overblown. The drums are actually pretty good, and there's the good hook here and there, but something about the production or the pacing doesn't move me, and I really can't keep myself focused on the lyrics, so it ends up being kind of forgettable. It reminds me of Emergency and I, which I similarly can't seem to get to live up to the hype when I listen to it. This is perfectly good, just doesn't really move me, maybe not in the right mood 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment