Tuesday, October 26, 2010

#211 Nasty Nasty - Puke Paint

Another one off the lo-fi glitch hop thread.

I kind of like this, but I can see why its an EP. There's a whumwhumwhummmmmm bass warping stutter sound that sounds awesome at first, but has gotten a little stale by the end of the first track, and has really gotten old by the time its been beaten to death on the 3rd track. I also am not to big on the hyper-pitch-bent approach to vocals - not that I'm against that trick in general, but I just don't like the way its done here, maybe its something about the underlying guy's voice or just the particular parameters. I've basically described the songs by now though, super warped bass sound, some warbled vocals, minimal stuttery beat, and some extra synth lines over top for complexity.

Sore Loser is the standout here, and listening to that will give you the idea. I'm intrigued enough to want to see what this guy does next, and I do like this on a one-song scale, but even for an EP, this is too one-note to warrant better than 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment