Thursday, October 21, 2010

#209 Mr. Oizo - Analog Worms Attack

I was having a seizure from all this foreign psychedelia, so I went searching for some compelling, more listenable, more backgroundable music. I'm way into texture lately, so started by trying to rummage up some listenable glitch, and came across a thread looking for "lo-fi glitch hop", which lead to a guy who linked to Ozio's Monophonic Shit. I listened to it. Promising shit.

This is pretty simple techno on some level, a riff/groove/melodic synth line, but its buzzed, fuzzed, trashed out to hell, with the chips out of the snares and chunks out of the bass hits, and static sticking out of the seams. Which is rad.

I don't know why I like all this lo-fi, glitch stuff so much, but I sure do. It just is exciting in some basic way. It sounds dirty, physical, menacing. I actually wish this was more bent out of shape, and its oversimple at times, but its got a good enough groove to it that I will surely keep it around and blast it as needed, at least until I find something that does this better 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment