Saturday, November 27, 2010

#234 KC Accidental - Anthems for Could've Bin Pills

The other half of the band's twin albums, see #233.

I don't know if its because I listened to this after CAfaEB, but man, this one is a lot slower, a lot more minimal, and I just find it kind of boring. Four songs cross the 7 minute mark, and most of them just don't justify it.

I have long thought that You Forgot it in People had a day half and a night half, and this feels like the night half to CAfaEB's day half. But here the difference is too extreme, where the previous album felt alive and pulsing, this feels like half-dead noodling, music played during the comedown, with no sense of its own pacing. It just meanders, and doesn't even seem interested in itself. Its a striking difference; I can't see revisiting this one any time soon. I'm just glad they were nice enough to split it up, otherwise finding a single rating for the two would be grueling 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment