Sunday, November 14, 2010

#226 Weekend - Sports

Pitchfork said nice things about it. Its weird I got nothing off the big sites for a while, and then suddenly I'm back on the kick. I guess I just need stuff that's agreeable right now.

From the 1:30 mark, you'll go, oh hello Jesus and Mary Chain! What do you mean this isn't a Jesus and Mary Chain album? Weekend who? And you'll be saying that that for the duration of the album. Now, I like Jesus and Mary Chain, but as I mulled my curiously lukewarm feelings about this album, I came across the Dusted review. They, unsurprisingly, echoed my lack of surprise about this album's sound, but they also totally nailed the problem: this is well-plumbed territory, and there is simply nothing memorable about this. The whole thing washed right through me, and left nary a stain on my mind.

So, its fine. Its not what I'd call catchy, but its, fine. I feel like there's a little bit of disaffected frustration back in there that's appealing, but I can't justify better than 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment