Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#229 Girl Talk - All Day

For reasons obvious to anyone who knows me, I wasted no time putting this on when it dropped from nowhere yesterday.

I'm not going to bother summing up the sound - its a Girl Talk album, its all been said, I love it. The basic formula is generally unchanged, but there are far more holy-shit moments on here than on his last two albums combined. From a pure head bob standpoint, this is almost certainly his best album yet; he's taken his signature sound and honed it into something unstoppably sleek. The only shortcoming I see so far is that it seems to have less of that subtle, emotional thread that was weaved through the last two. Also, some of the best bits on this album are almost too good, distracting from the overall flow they're so transcendental. But that's kind of a stupid complaint.

I suspect that with repeated listens the feel will smooth out, and the themes will burble up. Even more so than Night Ripper and Feed the Animals, this is a dense, long, complex thing to take in, but I have no doubt that it will live up to 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment