Tuesday, June 1, 2010

#085 Bonde Do Role - Marina Gasolina EP

Also picked up in my search for Spank Rock co-conspirators.

Getting closer to what I was hoping to find. The first 4 songs are ok, sort of sparse, boing-beat hip hop / club songs. The real appeal lies in the last 6 tracks, paired remixes of 3 songs; here we find fun, really noisy, really busy, DFA-ey grind-outs by the likes of Peaches, CSS, Architecture in Helsinki and Fake Blood. I haven't heard the originals of these songs, but the pairing reveals that the remixers were aggressive in their changes, and the result is something more diverse and adventurous than I might have expected. The non-English rapping works as percussion nicely, I can see these last 6 being good driving music or working music at 10 000 db 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment