Friday, March 4, 2011

#314 WIN WIN - WIN WIN

Dusted reviewed it, and it has the producer from Spank Rock (who I like), so lets see.

I wanted to like this. I expected to like this. But it just doesn't quite move me, it's not actually all that adventurous somehow. The moments I like sounded like songs by the people I like, and it makes me think I should just listen to albums by those people. The guy from Hot Chip does a song, and it sounds good, and it sounds like Hot Chip, and maybe I should just listen to Hot Chip, whose formula this does little to improve on. There's some squonky Deadmau5ey stuff that makes me want to listen to that. Some of it just sounds like shiny, repetitive, sub-LCDSS stuff. A few songs that sound like the best moments of Teddybears, but with less Iggy Pop, for the loss.

Maybe I'm just on a snarky, critical roll. This didn't impress me, but it did sound enough like stuff I like that I want to give it the benefit of the doubt, leaving me at a stingy/generous 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment