Saturday, August 14, 2010

#153 Gun Outfit - Possession Sound

Reviewed on Dusted.

I think the only reason I made it all the way through this is I was playing Minecraft while I listened to it. It is insanely boring. These guys sound like Pavement, with all the tuneless singing and none of the seething rage and hooky guitars. Alternately, like Sonic youth, with all the tuneless singing and repetitive arty-chord strumming, but none of the actual artfulness and textured force. The drumming is enjoyable at times, and there are some good guitar tricks, but this guy simply doesn't pull off the post-punk (this time I mean it the real way! I think!) disinterested thing for me. Maybe I didn't give this the proper attention, maybe I shouldn't try to do new listens while I play that (strangely engaging) game. Consider that a grain of salt to take be taken with my 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment