Monday, July 17, 2017

#2525 Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow

A totally lame Vampire Weekend // post-britpop-also-ran proto-acolyte redeems itself, improbably, with an album that's kind of all over the fucking place, packed with 'world music' beats, electronic bullshit, Avalanchey samples, and a general willingness to reach to get to your heart, a full SFA-Guerilla move into the unknown, for all the good//bad that implies.

Difficult to pin down. There's hints of [the worst] at every turn, but you see it increasingly in the distance as you whip by. I do not hate this, not even a little bit. In fact, I'm baffled how much I like it, as BBC explodes through every dead end with gentle, unexpected colorful force. This is at once totally dismissable and my favorite thing I've heard all month. Fall into it and you may find a lot to love, plenty of big soft sounds to roll around in for days 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment