Wednesday, July 5, 2017

#2507 Flat Worms - Red Hot Sand

I get flashbacks - to the Vines to England to The Future of the Left to the best of the garage rock revival revival. And that brings that smell of plastic, of oiled manufacture -- but also of sweat, of oil, of futurist grit and freighttrain momentum. And it's that chugging intro, that tension, that Je Suis France Americanism, the force of Men --- a tightening knot of a 5 minute slowburn, and a 2 and a 1 ---- 9 minutes and eight seconds later and I am excited about this fucking band 4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Sincerely energetic with authentic garage tonefulness. A lot to like I was disappointed there isn't more. You can smell the bong smoke for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed and agreed - I feel like they have a full length in them, though I wonder if they can make it work for 40 min+. One to watch

    ReplyDelete