Monday, March 21, 2016

#2077 The Easybeats - Easy

There's something about Australian bands I can't get enough of: mostly modern stuff like Royal Headache // Courtney // King Gizzard, but here comes a totally forgettable beat blastfromthepast and yet, some weird backwards-toilet magic takes over.

It's just a little off, a little loose, a little confident - something less to prove. So eeeeasy maybe?

I'm reminded, of all things, of Gasoline Cowboy (New Zealand bands are the same // not the same kind of thing) a totally unknown New Zealand band that caught hold of my heart 10 something years ago. Shot a Cowboy, fucking, what a brilliant lost gem that does not, full stop exist on the internet in the lord's year two thousand and sixteen. You know what's weird? My whole review is derailed by the fact that all I want to do is link you to that badass song that obliquely relates to the nominal subject at hand and I can't. Song does not exist on the internet. And why should I expect it to. But I do! FUCK. Email me and I'll send you the mp3 like a mother fucking caveman.

okokok

Beatlesey sure, Kinksian even, but just a little offkilter, agreeable as shit, with a surfy, giveafuck, hairflippin vibe, packed with girl-group claps and rockabilly-revival guitars - peak 60's, with that little extra upsidedownin' 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment