Friday, January 29, 2016

#2021 The Outlaws - The Outlaws

With a tour of second-tier southern rock in my rearview, tire scraps of almost-got-there's arch like crashlanded crows, I wake up in the real thing.

The Outlaws bring real chops, legitimate bipadipabiddabiddabiddabip guitar runs to the table, and back it up with some real rich harmonies, and just enough looseness to keep the whole thing legit. The too-fast moves and too-sweet singing offset eachother - it never descend into wank, never gets cloying, just gets swept up in its own momentum.

I buy it.

Hearing those sweet vocals too, strikes into focus how bullshit I find all the hoarse, hoary hrunting those other southern rock dudes stab with. Whole kick this week's run me across a few band that almost worked for me, but that just didn't hit the sweet spot - these guys found it. Top tier stuff 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment