Friday, November 13, 2015

#1956 The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - It'll Shine When it Shines

I do love it when I can feel an album's creation shining through - Ty-loose or Kid-A-tight, I just wanna feel it. There's an effortless energy to these guys that I dig. It's country shuffle and stomp, with a rock and roll backbeat backbone - all pretty, driving forward at a pace that's --just-- fast enough to put the wind in your hair, but not fast enough to muss it up. This is some ur-Blitzen-Trapper bullshit.

Every song sounds easy to make, easy to listen to, but it's never cloying, never boring, never full of itself, it just flows out like a river. I could listen to this all day, on porches, with cards skipping on felt, with a whiskey and a couch and a night gone by 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment