Friday, January 30, 2015

#1561 The Presidents of the United States of America - Kudos to You!

The Presidents are still who they are, making bouncy, offkilter portraits of quirky animals and intimate objects, as if to prove that they can make a song about anything, snapping rock off from "importance" right at the stem. Let's just jam out the ditties, kiddies!

As anyone who's played Lump in Rock Band knows, their songs are deceptively intricate: full of funky little details in the rhythms and tones - you get the sense these guys are really good musicians who just hold all rock and roll bullshit at arms length and hope you'll hop on board. The willful irreverence seems itself a little put on to me by now, and I do like a little more heft in my listen, but I don't know, fuckit, sure, I'll ride 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment