Wednesday, October 1, 2014

#1430 Gap Dream - Shine Your Light

It seems like I'm giving everything a 3.5, a B+, lately, amiright.

I think its that I've hit a wall of jadedness, desperate for something new.

Simultaneously, I'm stressed as fuck trying to make this startup thing work, so I want something that's reasonably pleasant to hear. I don't find mindspace to stretch real hard.

So some pleasant and familiar thing comes along and I like it and it's nothing special and I can't really raise it to the heavens, but dammit if I don't like it, so three point hedge five.

This is that to a T. Enjoyable synth buzz, drawing heavily from the likes of M83, Cut Copy, The Drums, and a thousand perfectly pleasant synth-drenched indie (rock) touchstones.

And I like it.

It has a certain glinting glow. It makes me feel warm. It does not cause me stress.

God fucking dammit.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment