Tuesday, September 9, 2014

#1406 Yellabird - Mountainosaurus

Listen/buy here!

My biziepartner recommended these guys and the first thing I blurted out was "these guys sound like what I wanted the Black Keys to sound like".

I stand by that - circa Thickfreakness, this's got that filthy, heavy energy, blues gone bad, blues gone to heaven, walking to Satan's rhythms now, with that stomp that pounds your head to the ground. They set them up and they knock them down, there's a real sense of visceral songwriting here, of knocking you off your expectations with maximum downward force. Shit if Dixie ain't a shitkicker -- I gotta punch a motherfucker just to slough off that overloadedddddddfffffffffuckingenergy.

Rock and fuckin' roll.

A crushing, brilliant opening EP, making a wondrous spectacle out of small parts, shattered and thrown faceward 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment