Tuesday, May 28, 2013

#896 Thee Oh Sees - The Master's Bedroom is Worth Spending a Night In

I try to keep things fairly objective round here, but according to my lastfm history I've listened to Thee Oh Sees as much as the next 3 bands on my "top listens of the last 3 months" list combined. So its possible that I was just a bit burned out on their sound by the time I got to this, their 5th or so album I've reviewed lately.

Regardless, I came away from this one feeling like its thin on ideas, thin in the mix, and stretched thin over 15 tracks compared to their usual punchy 9-or-so track assaults. A perfectly ok album on its own, but if you're doing TOC, I'd stick with Carrion Crawler / The Dream or Floating Coffin and only bother with this one for the outstanding Two Drummers Disappear 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment