Monday, March 23, 2020

Ten Years Holy Fuck

Man, I started this thing ten years ago today, just kind of as a goof.

I thought, it'd be kind of neat to know when I first heard an album.
And while I'm taking note of that, I might as well give it a rating.
And while I'm at it, I might as well write a little review.
And whoops an album a day, plus a hundred or so.

It's a silly little blog that very, very few people have read, and as far as I know nobody reads regularly, and I have no damn idea why I stuck with it so long other than that's kind of my thing to never quit anything. Dr Alex Eagle Scout.

It's made me more thoughtful about music, but maybe to a fault by now.

I turn 40 in June, and man that's a weird sentence to actually write and then read.

By then I'll have reviewed every album I heard for the first time in my 30's, and I think maybe that's where I can argue that I've made my point. So let's sneak in another hundred or so, and I'll give it all a proper sendoff thenabouts. Thanks for reading - I don't know who I did this all for, but maybe it's you!

No comments:

Post a Comment