Thursday, September 14, 2017

#2619 The Only Ones - Special View

My flag for The Only Ones is planted, but here's a new variation -- a compilation reshuffling songs from their first two albums.

12 songs, but the first six are one of the best sides I've ever heard on any album ever.

The sequencing's frontloaded as shit and the result's way better than their debut, leading with the indomitable Another Girl Another Planet, saving The Whole of the Law for a side-closing hammer-drop. In between its a greatest hits of John Perry guitars. If those guitars propositioned me anything I'd say yes. They are the sexiest thing I've ever heard.

The second half falls off sharply though. Frustrating. I mean, second side's fine, but. Jesus. Can't ignore that first side though. Utterly indispensable, my life up till now incomplete without it 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment