Friday, June 30, 2017

#2504 Lemony Kravitz - Bedtime Stories

I picked a hell of a time to start trying to quit comparing to other bands. But. True story:

I have a to-listen playlist on my Spotify with the first track of a hundred or so albums in the backlog. And sometimes I accidentally don't click _into_ an album and I think I'm checking out a new album but suddenly I'm listening to the first song on some completely unrelated album. And there's a new King Gizzard album out (it's good! stay tuned!) and I actually thought I'd --

no shit, no joke, I'm a little drunk, but it just happened again. like just now.

point is, this sounds a lot like King Gizzard at their psychiest, also Tame Impala, and in general like a lot of modern bands that sound like a misremembered 60's and it's all fine but these guys need to develop their own sound -- I'd rather to go to at least one degree of the source. Fun band name tho 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment