Thursday, August 14, 2014

#1363 Wire - Chairs Missing

Pink Flag didn't impress me as much as I'm told it was supposed to, but this shit. Wow was this way the hell ahead of its time in nineteen goddamn seventy eight.

I was getting real burned out on rock, hell, on music. Every once in a while you need something like this to come along and smack you - packed with nasty edges, full of arty angles, altogether mildly unpleasant to listen to, but also packed with moments of real vulnerability and beauty, all the tones on rotating dimmers, dumping walls of guitar noise, electronic washes, weird loops, and straight up great hooks into a time-lapse rock tumbler, watching the whole thing fall out smooth and impossible.

Truly exciting shit, endlessly surprising, full of secret passages I'm sure I haven't found yet 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment