Friday, December 14, 2012

#661 LFO - Frequencies (UK Version)

Fuck this is boooooooring.

I don't care if acid house is supposed to be repetitive, or that its about feeling, or that this was a formative album, or any of that crap. There's tons of acid house that manages to evoke emotion, create mood, create something, it's out there in droves, but this is just loops and loops with no head, no heart, no soul, no purpose at all.

Listen to You Have to Understand and explain to me why that's not one of the worst songs you've ever heard. Just lazy looping, amounting to nothing, evoking nothing, while being actually actively annoying with its shrill, vacant vocal sample bleating again and again and again. Imaging your friend made this song and played it for you. How good a friend would that have to be to listen to it and smile blankly for its entire 4 minutes. I'd assume they were taking the piss. I would spend every second of that four minutes trying to come up with something nice to say, and I'd come up dry and it would be awkward and that friend wouldn't play his music for me anymore. Which is just is well, because this hypothetical friend is not very good at making music that I want to listen to.

Maybe I just don't get it, man. This isn't in my wheelhouse. I admit it.

But I call bullshit on this. This is boring, amateurish music and there's a long line of things I'd listen to first even if I was in the mood for this kind of thing 1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment