Wednesday, January 4, 2012

#431 Tonikom - The Sniper's Veil

edit 1/20/18 - I've never done this before, but my original review here was just too unfair and embarrassing. I'm pulling it and only leaving the gist.

--

The intro filters in with ambient details, sounding subtle, mysterious, and you might be inclined to get your hopes up, but then that beat kicks in and it all gets pretty predictable.

There's no particular tranceness, no particular dancability, no narrative, no flow, it sounds like the kind of thing I made when I was a high schooler clumsily fooling around with Sony Acid. The result is an hour that never surprises you once, unless you count that first time that beat kicks in on the opening track 1/5

You might like this if: you like repetitive electronic music and don't need a lot of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment